Unless you’re rolling in disposable income, it’s absolutely not practical to replace all your appliances with smart alternatives. Especially not when that stove, coffee maker, and air conditioner, among other things, are still functioning properly, after all. If you must insist on automating your whole home, the Belkin WeMo Mini Smart Plug might offer a more reasonable alternative.
An adapter that plugs to electrical outlet, it allows you to control the power to any plugged home appliance or electronics product, making it possible to switch any item in your home on and off from the app. From lamps and fans to air conditioners and space heaters, this thing lets you automate your home without having to replace your existing appliances.
Measuring just 3.8 x 1.4 x 2.4 inches, the Belkin WeMo Mini Smart Plug is designed to cover just a single electrical outlet, leaving the rest fully accessible, whether you set it up on a wall outlet or a power strip. Not only can you turn individual outlets on and off with a push of a virtual button, you can also automate the schedule for each one, so you can get everything ready even without launching the app.
It comes with a physical button on the plug, so you can turn it on and off without a phone. Features include built-in Wi-Fi, Amazon Alexa compatibility for voice control, and IFTTT support.
Available now, the Belkin WeMo Mini Smart Plug is priced at $34.99.
- Control from anywhere. Plug in a WeMo Mini Smart Plug, download the free app, control your lights and appliances from your smartphone or tablet. Only needs Wi-Fi. No hub or subscription required.
- Compact size. WeMo Mini features a sleek new form-factor that allows you to stack two Mini Smart Plugs in the same outlet.
- Schedule automatically. Never come home to a dark house. Schedule the fan to turn on before you arrive. Sync lights and devices to sunrise, sunset, or pre-set times automatically.
- Randomize Lights. The Mini Smart Plug protects your home better than a mechanical timer. "Away Mode" will turn your lights on and off randomly to make it look like you're home even when you're not.
- Works with Alexa and Nest. Pair with Alexa and control your lights and appliances with your voice. Pair with Nest Thermostat and Nest can sync with WeMo for automatic control.