Use The Sawyer Extractor To Suck Up Venoms And Poisons From Snake Bites, Bee Stings, And More

sawyer-extractor-pump-kit-1Ever seen one of those movies where someone gets bitten by a snake (whether regular or with clawed foot) and they try to extract the venom by prying it out with a survival knife? Yeah, I don’t want any of that, either, but if it’s what you have to do to stay alive, of course, you’ll do it. The Sawyer Extractor Bite & Sting Kit offers a less-menacing alternative.

A suction pump, the rig lets you suck out any venom or poison lodged under your skin in one quick motion, allowing you to minimize the potential damage without fiddling around with dangerous blades. Whether you’re dealing with a snake bite, a bee sting, or a simple mosquito bite, this thing lets you take out any toxin left behind in a whole lot safer manner.

Designed for one-handed use, the Sawyer Extractor Bite & Sting Kit basically works like a syringe, creating a vacuum that draws the toxins out and sucks them up into its chamber. It’s reusable, so you can simply clean it up after use and have it ready to deploy once again, all while coming with our sizes of suction cups to deal with different types of bites.

According to the outfit, it works best on extremities and will likely be hit-or-miss in muscle areas, so if you get bitten in the calf or the pecs, you might want to try this out, but only while you’re also on the way to the hospital. Each kit comes with the pump, alcohol prep pads, adhesive bandages, razor (for removing hair), and wipes.

Available now, the Sawyer Extractor Bite & Sting Kit is priced at $15.99.

Let us take a closer look at this first aid kit to see if it deserves a spot in your survival gear bag or not.sawyer-extractor-pump-kit-2Design and Build Quality – A great thing about this product is its small and ergonomic design. Despite the very low price, the product feels high quality. The small footprint allows it to fit into even pockets and small bag packs. This makes it an ideal partner for your trips. The product weighs less than a pound. It is about 7 inches long, 3 inches wide and one inch deep. The design is simplistic. The body is painted in yellow white, and “The Extractor “logo dominates the front end. The product feels sturdy and rugged. Overall, the build quality and design are quite good and the product looks like it will last for a while.

When can we use this product and how to use it? – This product can come in handy in many scenarios. It has the ability to protect the user against different kinds of stings and bites.The product comes with plastic cups of different sizes and this allows it to tackle all the different sizes of bites. The Sawyer Extractor has the ability to extract venom from the borders of the body skin and all other areas of the body outside the muscle mass. This item can come in handy at all times.

Given below are some of the main types of venoms and poisons against which this product can offer protection:

Defensive Poisons – This type of poison is primarily used for self-defense. Insects use it to discourage intruders from entering and disturbing their nests and hives. This type of poison is not very dangerous and insects use it just to warn and scare away the intruders.

  • Creatures that possess this poison –  Creatures such as ants, Bees, wasps, hornets, scorpions and stingrays make use of this poison.
  • Effects on Human Body –  This type of poison does not carry any long lasting impacts and is not very dangerous. It can cause swelling, allergic reactions and pain that lasts for a short period. However, if not treated or scratched the swelling and allergic reactions can increase causing great pain to the body.

How can one use the Sawyer Extractor to tackle defensive venoms? – In the case of a bite, immediately use the Sawyer extractor to suck the poison from the wound. The extractor creates a very strong vacuum that sucks out all the venom and harmful fluids from the wound. By pulling out the poison, you can save yourself from further allergic reactions and reduce the amount of swelling and pain.

Offensive poisons – Offensive poison is the most dangerous type of poisons. It has the ability to disable or kill victims within a matter of minutes. Creatures use this type of poison to kill or disable their prey.

  • Creatures that Possess this type of Venom – Creatures such as Snakes, spiders and jellyfish make use of this poison. Some species of lizards also carry this poison.
  • Effects on Human Body –  This type of poison can cause a lot of damage to the human body. After the bite, a person experiences dizziness and difficulty in breathing. It can cause a lot of swelling that leads to pain. It can also damage the nerves and tissues of the human body. This type of poison can cause permanent damage to the human body.

How can one use the Sawyer Extractor to tackle offensive venoms? – The offensive poison is the most dangerous type of poison. It can damage the human body permanently by causing disabilities or even death if the venom is not taken care of. In the case of a bite, swift action is required. If a creature that carries a lot of poison such as a snake bites you, it is highly suggested that you leave the Sawyer Extractor on top of the wound for at least ten to fifteen minutes so that it will keep on extracting the venom out of the body.

Anticoagulants – Anticoagulants are something that each one of us has experienced in life. These bites prevent the blood of a person from being clotted and closing the wound caused by the bite. This allows the insect to drink the blood of the victim. These types of bites are quite common and do not cause much damage to the body.

  • Creatures that possess this type of venom –  Creatures such as Mosquitoes, Flees, ticks, chiggers and biting flies make use of this venom.
  • Effects on Human Body –  Anticoagulants have minor effects on the human body. The Human body’s natural reaction to anticoagulants is itching. These can also cause pain as the bite from insect has the ability to tear the skin. It can also cause many different allergic reactions.

How can one use the Sawyer Extractor to tackle anticoagulants? – Anticoagulants can cause a lot of itching and swell on the body. These are dangerous especially for children as they cannot control the itching and eventually damage their skins or further increase the area of damage. To solve this issue, you can use the Sawyer Extractor to extract all the dangerous fluids from the wound. This process reduces the amount of swelling, itching and pain around the wound.

Conclusion – The Sawyer Extractor is a great addition to your first Aid Kit. This tiny tool can turn out to be the difference between life and death. It offers tremendous value for money.

It has the ability to take care of all different types of bites and stings and works with great efficiency. The pocket-friendly allows it to fit anywhere and the ergonomic design makes it very easy to use even with one hand. This is such an item that has no cons. You may not use this item at all times, but when you do need it, it is there. Bites from venomous creatures are mostly unexpected. It is a great idea to keep this item with you always. The low price and excellent functionality make it a great buy for everyone. Every family across the globe should own this item.

Check It Out